05 August 2011

There is No Problem

I've needed a good amount of major dental work for about 8 years now, but I have been unable to do anything about it for lack of funds.

Usually it's not that big of an issue, but every once in a while, as more and more of this one tooth demonstrates the truth of impermanence, there's a bit of an ache or a small inflammation or infection.  Now is one of those once in a whiles.  I knew someone who got human grade antibiotics for his aquarium fish some years back, and he passed on the leftovers to me for such occasions.  As of last night, I'm starting to use up the last of the stash.  When that's gone, who knows?  The adventure will continue.

Part of what it means for me to have the life I do is that I get to deal with progressively missing teeth.  Whether it's because of genetics (my dad and two of my kids have teeth issues, too), poor eating habits (who sucks hard candy?) or financial realities (divorce, child support, two kids in college and one on the way there, etc.) – it doesn't matter.  There's no injustice here, no one to blame, no offense to be taken.

This day, like every day, is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment