15 August 2011

I am of a Nature to Have Ill-Health

For almost three days now I've been running a 101+ fever with an increasingly sore throat.  Went to the doctor today and found out I have strep.

I find it fascinating being sick: the achiness that won't go away, the inability to be comfortable in any one position for long coupled with a feeling of utter indifference about most things, the lack of appetite, the chills, the sweating, the chills, the sweating.

And there's no off button, no escape hatch, no rewind function.  For the time being, this is it

I'm glad the center's closed right now, so I don't have to worry about dodging sittings, etc.  I won't get as much of the projects done as I need to, either, but that's ok, too.  There's time enough for that. 

What a gift it is to have a body that gets sick.  So much self-inflated nonsense just disappears when one feels like crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment