08 September 2012

The Commentator Has Been Quieter of Late

When I think of the fact that I've not been posting much on here, it dawns on me that I haven't been running the commentary in my head as much these days, either.  Seems each day just moves right along, things to attend to just follow upon one another, and, as I attend to them, I'm not really making as much ado about them as I seem to have before.

I sometimes wonder if I've crossed the line from equanimity to apathy, from even-keeledness to utter indifference.  When the rubber hits the road, there really isn't much difference between the two, is there?   Letting matters lie is letting matters lie, no matter what one construes the reason for that letting to be.

I do know that there are some matters I've become sick to the death of, even as they themselves refuse to die.  Center politics heads that list, and on that score I will say with utmost certainty that I have moved beyond equanimity to simply not giving a rat's ass any more.  National politics is up there, too.  Workplace politics isn't far behind.

Mostly, though, I think I'm keeping myself just busy and active enough to not have as much stew time, and that's probably a good thing all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment