28 May 2012

A Wedding in the Works

Yesterday I received a call from a Dharma brother telling me he was getting married.  I've known him for about 10 years now, and I met his fiancée last fall.  I couldn't be happier for the two of them, and I have every reason to believe they are going to make a great couple together. 

He asked if I would officiate at the wedding, and I couldn't have been more honored.  I asked if this meant I had to say something, and he said he was counting on my sarcasm and wisdom to make the occasion special.  Great.  Nothing like being put on the spot!  Fortunately all eyes will be on the two of them, and whatever I say will get borne away on the afternoon breezes out in the garden where the ceremony will be held.

Still, what is there for me to say, really?  What they are about to say to each other is about as absurd and ridiculous as the vow to liberate all beings.  And in saying that, they will have said it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment