27 February 2012

I Don't Have Any Answers

For the last while now I've been becoming more and more cognizant of the fact that I really don't have any answers when it comes to most questions.  Get past how many teaspoons of salt in a recipe, go beyond directions to a local business, move off the Jeopardy! facts board, and I'm stumped.  I don't know how things got to be the way they are, so I'm at a loss to figure out how to move on from them.  I couldn't begin to factor in all the variables in any situation, so I'm at a loss to configure possible alternative permutations.

I don't think this is just a personal failing on my part; I don't think anyone else has any answers, either.  I have to confess I've become quite suspicious of anyone who talks like they have a solution to big problems like education, climate, economics, the geopolitical order, and the like.  Maybe it's fatigue from bumping up against campaign rhetoric everywhere I turn, maybe it's just that I'm now playing the back nine of life, but I just don't see any answers anywhere.

The good news is that no one is asking me for any, so I'm pretty much off the hook in any case!

No comments:

Post a Comment