16 October 2011

Refuge

Filled with wonder and awe at the truth of Buddha's Dharma I see at once my limitations and failings:
Buddham saranam gacchami
Dhammam saranam gacchami
Sangham saranam gacchami
I can't begin to count beings, yet it lies within me to liberate them all:
Buddham saranam gacchami
Dhammam saranam gacchami
Sangham saranam gacchami
I am what has existed from all time – twisting, turning, grasping, craving – making its way from one generation (in every sense of the word) to the next, yet I have the power to let this ceaseless blind urging go:
Buddham saranam gacchami
Dhammam saranam gacchami
Sangham saranam gacchami
There is no end to the doors that open up in front of me – so many ways to leave the self behind!  It's up to me to go through them all:
Buddham saranam gacchami
Dhammam saranam gacchami
Sangham saranam gacchami
When the Buddha's Way and Shodhin's way are not two, then all will be finished.  I am going to make it happen:
Buddham saranam gacchami
Dhammam saranam gacchami
Sangham saranam gacchami
I join my voice to all those who give voice to the tiratana.  Beneath the shadowless tree there is a community ferryboat; the river is clear and the sea is calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment